How to pronounce yank?
This video provides examples of American English pronunciations of yank by male and female speakers.
In addition, it explains the meaning of yank through a dictionary definition and several visual examples.
IPA Transcription of yank is /jˈæŋk/.
Definition of yank according to Wiktionary:
yank can be a noun or a verb
As a noun yank can mean:
1. A sudden, vigorous pull (sometimes defined as mass times jerk, or rate of change of force).
2. A masturbation session.
3. A Yankee.
4. A Yankee, a Northerner: someone from the Northern United States, especially from New England.
5. An American: someone from the United States.
As a verb yank can mean:
1. To pull (something) with a quick, strong action.
2. To remove from distribution.
If you'd like to test your pronunciation of yank, check out Accent Hero's real-time pronunciation feedback tool:https://accenthero.com/app/pronunciation-practice/english/american/yank
or our Android app:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accenthero.com