Should I Propose? | How to Know if It's the Right Time
Man's Best Friend Consulting
Published at : 24 Dec 2020
Should you propose? How do you know if it's the right time? I took the time to develop a list of questions that you can ask yourself (with the long-term success of the relationship in mind). Here are the 14 questions you should ask yourself:
1) Do you have the same vision for your life together or compatible visions?
2) If you are planning to have kids, will she make a good mother?
3) Does she respect you, and do you feel respected in the relationship?
4) Do you respect her and who she is?
5) Is she honest with you about her emotions?
6) Has she expressed desire to marry you and spend the rest of her life with you?
7) Are you 100% confident that you won't cheat on her and will be 100% faithful to her in the relationship?
8) Are you 100% confident that she won't cheat you and will be 100% faithful?
9) Do you have the same expectations and commitment level to marriage?
10) Does either one of you get offended easily?
11) Are you ready to provide for her and take care of her?
12) Are you being true to yourself?
13) Beyond just the way she looks, is she the kind of person that you will be madly in love with 30 years from now?
14) Have you taken enough time to get to know her?
If you feel 100% confident answering all of these questions with positive answers, then it just might be the time to propose. If you are still not sure, maybe it's time to re-evaluate the relationship or spend a little bit more time with her to get to know her better and ask some more in-depth questions.
Marriage is a very serious thing because it involves the rest of your life and might involve kids. Make sure that you've found the right person that you are willing to commit the rest of your life to.
should i propose?when to propose?best time to propose