Never Ever Getting Rid of Me - Waitress (ANIMATIC)
Published at : 25 Nov 2020
dawn gives love a try, and goes on a blind date with a quirky man named ogie. still paranoid of her future, she tries to cut ties right after their date, but he surprises her by showing up at the diner. with flowers and affection.
and like most emotional people, he serenades.
hey lads, lasses, lothers! turns out the waitress soundtrack is Bomb and i would highly recommend checking out the musical! just watching it inspired me to make a second waitress animatic lmao
1. i realized that animatics usually include detail that's important for the final cut, and coloring each character whole doesn't really add much artistically? so i'm sticking to shading, but with specific colors. COLOR-CODING CHARACTERS IS A MUST! ヽ(°〇°)ﾉ
2. originally, i was hesitant to animac this one because at first listen, it seems a bit...dysfunctional? but it's a lot healthier in context.
dawn and ogie are romantic opposites. she's eager to flee, he's eager to attach to someone. before this song, dawn was shown to have some chemistry with ogie, but she tried to push away her feelings like she does the flowers. after the song, once she gives him a chance and talks about her interests, does she realize how much they have in common. and they make a cute couple :)
3. i tried to elaborate more on this visually. dawn had to learn to let loose a little and give people chances, while ogie had to calm down and give people their space. this way, it's less one-sided and obsessive. i totally get it if someone misunderstands this song initially.
4. oh and also? i'll stand behind dawn/ogie 10000 years before i defend veronica/jd. don't compare the two like ogie's willing to kill a bunch of teenagers at a moment's notice |:0
5. tldr notes 2-4: i don't advocate actual dudes being creepy to girls who definitely don't reciprocate. girls (and others), if someone's pursuing you and you're having none of it, you 100% have the right to turn them down.
i'm just explaining how, in this specific case, the girl sitting down and giving him a chance worked out into a healthy relationship between two eccentric people in the end. also story context is crucial. it's fine if you don't like this song
6. did i mention that this is a bop? a real banger? i love me some bouncy showtune
7. hey uhhhhhhh why are 80% of the leads in my animatics colored blue? i gotta break the routine my dudes
up next: i have my first day of college at the end of the month, so i might take a hiatus on long musical animatics. hooray for adulthood!
programs: paint tool sai + videopad video editor
time: ~6 days
💖 Tumblr: (sangled.tumblr.com/)
💜 Twitter: (twitter.com/SangledHere)
💙 Twitch: (twitch.tv/sangled)
💜 Instagram: (instagram.com/sangledhere/)
💖 Deviantart: (sangled.deviantart.com/)
waitresswaitress musicalsara bareilles