HOW TO PASS A JOB INTERVIEW! (7 Job Interview TIPS to Help You Succeed!) by Richard McMunn of: https://passmyinterview.com/21-great-answers-to-tough-interview-questions/
#howtopassajobinterview #jobinterviewtips #interviews
JOB INTERVIEW TIP #1 – TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. 00:21
- Never say… “I don’t have any experience…” in your job interview!
- Instead, talk about the skills and qualities you can bring to the role.
- You need no previous work experience to have ‘skills and qualities’, so use yours to your advantage!
JOB INTERVIEW TIP #2 – WHAT’S YOUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS? 02:42
- Never say… “I don’t have any weaknesses…” in your job interview!
- Instead, give an honest and genuine weakness that is not a requirement of the role.
- Good weaknesses to give include a lack of confidence when giving presentations; you find it hard giving honest feedback to others, or you currently lack any leadership experience.
JOB INTERVIEW TIP #3 – WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS? 04:35
- The interviewer is asking you the question, where do you see yourself in five years because they want to hire someone who will still be in the role then!
- If your intentions are to move on within that time, you are unlikely to get hired!
- I would answer this interview question by saying I plan to still be working for them in the same role or having gained advancement to a higher position!
JOB INTERVIEW TIP 4 – WHY DO YOU WANT THIS JOB? 06:27
- DO NOT discuss pay, benefits or holiday unless prompted to do so by the interviewer!
- The “Why do you want this job?” interview question is your opportunity to talk about what has attracted you to the role from an achievement perspective.
- Talk about how you want a job where you can make a positive difference and feel a sense of value in your daily work activities!
JOB INTERVIEW TIP #5 – WHY DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE YOUR CURRENT JOB? 08:20
- DO NOT be critical of your former boss or your work colleagues when answering the interview question, why do you want to leave your job?
- Not only is being critical unprofessional but it also only serves to put you across in a negative manner.
- Be positive about your former employer and talk about something of significance you achieved whilst you were there!
JOB INTERVIEW TIP #6 – WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU? 10:06
- When they say to you, why should we hire you, never say… “I cannot imagine anyone else being more qualified than me!”
- Why should we hire you is your opportunity to further showcase your skills, qualities and experience!
- In your answer, focus on how you will ADD VALUE within the role and how you will get up and running quickly within the team!
JOB INTERVIEW TIP #7 – DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR US? 12:17
- When they say to you, do you have any questions for us, ask three questions that show you care about their company and its success!
Here are 5 smart questions to ask in your job interview:
Q. Who is your greatest competitor and how can I help you to beat them in this role?
Q. What are the plans for the company over the next few years?
Q. What has frustrated you about people who have held this or similar positions in the past?
Q. What advice would you give to the successful candidate who wants to do well in the role?
Q. What would you need me to concentrate on in the first 30 days of starting if I am successful?
CONNECT WITH RICHARD MCMUNN ON LINKEDIN.COM:https://www.linkedin.com/in/richardmcmunnauthor/
DOWNLOAD 21 GREAT ANSWERS TO TOUGH INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:https://passmyinterview.com/21-great-answers-to-tough-interview-questions/