Are you starting a small business in California, and you wonder how to get a business license? In California, most small businesses, even if you operate online, will need some kind of general or specific business license — but not every business. In this video I explain how to find out what business licenses you may need, who gives out business licenses in California, and how to get your business license online.
01:39 How Do You Know if You Need a License?
02:54 What If You Don’t Get a Business License?
05:02 How to Get a Business License in California
Legal Disclosure: Elizabeth is licensed to practice in the state of California and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Information contained in this video is not legal advice – please seek advice of counsel. This video and description may contain attorney advertising.
My YouTube Gear Setup:
- Camera/Audio - Canon M50 & RODE VideoMic GO (purchased in the Video Creator Kit) https://amzn.to/3fMVdx9
- Editing - Final Cut Pro https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/trial
(free 90-day trial)
- Amazon Essentials Lightweight Tripod https://amzn.to/2AZyLSO
- External HardDrive for Video Storage: Western Digital 4TB My Passport for Mac https://amzn.to/3fQFFbA
- Shockproof Carrying Case for HardDrive: https://amzn.to/3hNMOLX
- Extra Battery: Canon LP-E12 (never use an after market battery in your camera!!) https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/883405-REG/Canon_6760b002_LP_E12_Lithium_Ion_Battery_Pack.html
- Memory Cards: 32GB SanDisk Ultra (comes with Video Creator Kit) & 32GB San Disk Extreme Pro https://amzn.to/3hOdvzY
- YouTube SEO: TubeBuddy https://www.tubebuddy.com/elizabethpw
Disclosure: My videos may contain reviews, recommendations, testimonials, or endorsements of other businesses, individuals, events, materials (such as books), products, services, or websites. I may receive affiliate percentages on sales; if so, it will say “affiliate link” after the link. I will clearly disclose if I have received a free product, free service, discount, or any other compensation related to a review.
My law firm for small business law (trademarks, contracts, forming LLC/corporations): http://www.elizabethpottsweinstein.com