Subscribe for MORE: https://goo.gl/1VMCk5
Flying in a private jet is generally reserved for the few wealthy who can afford that kind of luxury. it’s quite expensive to fly in a private jet than it is in a commercial jet. The cost for A seat on a private jet is up to 100 times more than a seat on a commercial flight. That’s because it is very expensive to operate any jet in the world. Commercial airlines are able to bare that cost because they can carry hundreds of people at a time so the cost is split across the board. But a small or midsize jet can only carry a few people on each flight.
Over the years, we’ve seen an introduction of newer types of jets that are smaller in size, yet capable of flying up to six people on board. These jets are suppose to reduce the overall cost of the private owner/operator. They are called VLJs aka Very light jets. A very light jet can cost up to one tenth per hour to operate than a typical midsize jet. Today we will take a look at 5 of the most economical and fuel effectuate private jets in the world.
1. Embraer Phenom 100 - The Phenom 100 is the smallest line of jet produced by Embraer, yet it is one of the largest in its class of light jets. With a cabin large enough to fly 6 people comfortably at jet like speeds. This little rocket machine will cruise north of 400 miles per hour and get you as far as a thousand miles or more. Did I also mention that there’s a potty on board? yea even that’s special for a jet in this class.
PHENOM 100 Range: Up to 1,356 miles
Speed: Up to 460 mph
Cost per hour: $1,152
Price: $4.5 Million
2. Honda Jet - Yes the global Japanese auto maker honda also builds airplanes. The Honda Jet is supposed to be a light business class aircraft and it was first introduced some fifteen years ago. Since the first prototype, it took at leas a decade for Honda to get this jet certified. And since certification last year, The Honda jet is now being mass produced. Although there’s a long waiting list if you like to buy one today. The Honda jet like the Phenom is nothing short of spectacular. Very economical while traveling at speeds north of 400 miles per hour.
HONDA JET Range: Up to 1,388 miles
Speed: Up to 423 mph
Cost per hour: $1,135
Price: $5 Million
3. Cessna Citation Mustang - Once a flagship in Cessna’s line of aircraft, sadly the citation mustang’s production has been halted since last year. The citation mustang is an amazing private jet with a nice cabin that will fit 6 people and fly over 1200 miles in range. Although the mustang has one of the smallest cabin space in it’s class. It does make up for that in speed and range.
CITATION MUSTANG Range: Up to 1,433 miles
Speed: Up to 391 mph
Cost per hour: $1,015
Price: $1.35 Million
4. Eclipse 550 - The eclipse 550 is another great private jet that is produced by One aviation. The 550 is a step up from the eclipse 500 which already offered a ton of range and plenty of speeds. The eclipse 550 is once of the most affordable private jets in the world that is single pilot operated. For about $3 million you can get your hands on a brand new eclipse 550, and used, you can get for less than $2 million. What’s most amazing about this aircraft is that it only burns about 50 gallons of fuel per hour in cruise. that’s just incredible for a jet engine, two jet engines for that matter, to burn that little about of fuel while traveling over 450 miles per hour.
5. Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet - In case you haven’t heard, there’s a new jet in town and it stands alone in its type and design. The Cirrus Vision jet is the company’s answer to more speed and flight ceiling. With a flight ceiling of 28,000 feet. It means you can fly over bad weather. And the Cirrus jet is no slug either. With cruise speeds over 300 miles per hour, it means you get to your destination fast and in comfort. The best part about this aircraft is the fact that it only has one engine to operate and maintain. What that means is much less fuel burn per hour. The Cirrus jet is by far the most affordable jet to operate. It is also once of the most affordable to buy at $2 million.
CIRRUS SF50 Range: Up to 1,266 miles
Speed: Up to 345 mph
Cost per hour: $662
Price: $2 Million
Become a Patron https://www.patreon.com/mojogrip