Prepositions are short words that usually stand in front of nouns to show a relation to them. English learners find prepositions difficult. These 10 rules will help clear your confusions.
Download English Grammar book: https://bit.ly/2XhvW89
(1) AT vs. IN. We often use both “at” & “in” to talk about position or location.
“In” is usually used to talk about the position of someone or something inside large places such as countries, continents, big cities etc.
“At” is usually used to talk about the position of someone or something inside small and unimportant places such as villages, small towns etc.
(2) ALL vs. ALL OF. Use “all of” before pronouns (I, you, him, them, we, etc.). Use “all” in all other cases.
(3) IN vs. ON vs. AT (prepositions of time). Use “in” with general measurements and “on” or “at” for specific dates
(4) BESIDE vs. BESIDES. “Beside” is a preposition that means nearby. “Besides” is an adverb and a preposition that means in addition to.
(5) AMONG vs. BETWEEN. “Among” is used when the items are part of a group (3 or more). “Between” should be used only when there are two elements.
(6) ON vs. UPON. Both “on” and “upon” are interchangeable, although “upon” is a little more formal and old-fashioned.
(7) TO vs. THAN. Some words like “senior”, “junior”, “prefer”, “prior”, “superior”, “inferior”, “preferable”, etc. are followed by “to” and not “than.
(8) IN vs. INTO. Use "in" when you mean that a person, place, thing, or animal is located inside a location. Use "into" in the sense of coming toward something.
(9) FOR vs. SINCE. “For” measures time while “since” refers to a specific period.
(10) AGREE WITH vs. AGREE TO. “Agree with” is used for agreement with a person. “Agree to” is used for agreement to a plan / proposal / idea.
0:36 At vs. in
1:28 All vs. all of
2:10 About my Grammar book
3:40 In vs. on vs. at
4:31 Beside vs. besides
5:09 Among vs. between
5:40 On vs. upon
6:01 To vs. than
6:44 In vs. into
7:20 For vs. since
7:33 Your homework
8:11 Agree with vs. agree to
⭐ INSTAGRAM - linguamarina
⭐ LEARN LANGUAGES ABROAD - https://linguatrip.com
⭐ ENROLL IN MY YOUTUBE COURSE - https://bit.ly/2D1Z6gf
⭐ DOWNLOAD MY ENGLISH WORKBOOK - https://www.english.online/
📝 Get your English text corrected instantly - https://fluent.express/
📷 FILMING EQUIPMENT
- Gear for making my 'talking head' videos - https://kit.co/linguamarina/gear-for-youtube
- Gear for vlogging - https://kit.co/linguamarina/current-vlogging-setup
$20 TO SPEND ON AIRBNB - http://bit.ly/2g0F87Q
$20 TO SPEND ON UBER - http://ubr.to/2k1B89L
I use affiliate links whenever possible (if you purchase items listed above using my affiliate links, I will get a bonus)
#Grammar #Prepositions #EnglishPrepositions